HomeAbout FrankAbout Over-The-Rhine

1215 Elm Street 
A special place on Washington Park, in historic Over-the-Rhine
Welcome to 1215 Elm Street 
In 1887 Philip and Caroline Weber (Philip was a cutler from Germany with his business on East 5th St. ) built, next-door to their own home, a 3-story boarding house that has accommodated over 125 years' worth of typical Over-the-Rhine personalities, such as:  Dr. Carl Gustav E. Speidel (the brother of Philip's son-in-law, he practiced medicine on the 1st floor when he wasn't teaching obstetrics at the Medical College around the corner); Felix and Arvilla Schackelford (Felix was the billing manager of the Alms & Doepke Co., just a few blocks east on the canal);  Edward and Bertha Earle (Edward was a "commercial traveler" for the the cigar company a block west); various Weber heirs (the family lived there for over 95 years); Arte Films (James Amatulli's independent film company); Turner Construction (site office for the wonderful Washington Park renovation); and now Wash Park Art (a gallery celebrating Cincinnati's creativity.)  

But, the lodger we chose to celebrate in naming the building  is FRANK van der STUCKEN, the founding conductor of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra (CSO). The Maestro lived at 1215 Elm Street during the 1900 census and presumably from the CSO's debut in 1895.

Contact Us
Formed in 2012 to purchase 1215 Elm Street, Frank van der Stucken Flats, LLC is a family owned business, inspired by local history and dedicated to preserving its small piece.